Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Forever with You by Laurelin Paige
(Fixed Trilogy)

Publisher & Release Date: Self-published, January 2, 2014

Time and setting: Present Day, NYC, New York

Genre: Contemporary Romance/Erotic Romance

Length: 287 pages

Heat Level: 3 Scorching Hot Flames

Rating: 5 Gold Crowns

Book Description:

Alayna Withers relationship with Hudson Pierce has tested both her and his ability to trust. They decide that the only way they can move forward together is with open doors and transparency. It won’t be easy for the scarred lovers, but they’re committed to each other more now than ever. Alayna, in particular, has grown through their trials, and has emerged more confident and faithful to the man she loves. 

But while the pair is focused on the future, their past shows up again to threaten their fragile bond. Promises that were made are broken, and Alayna learns that Hudson still has very potent secrets—secrets that will tear them both apart. As much as she feels for him, her ability to forgive and forget is tested beyond her limits. 

Even though she found the only man who could fix her, a forever with Hudson seems more and more out of reach. 

Buy Links:



Add to Goodreads:


Vikki’s Musings

Forever With You is the last book in the Fixed Trilogy. It is a fantastic finish and I enjoyed it tremendously.  Alayna and Hudson complicated relationship concludes in this book. I have loved this amazing series, and I am so glad I found it.

Will the secrets and lies by omission destroy the budding romance between Hudson and Alayna, separating them forever, or will the truth take them into the light, giving them peace, contentment and the chance to have lasting happiness?

In this final episode of the epic tale, Celia is still up to her tricks. She has now turned to stalking Alayna, just enough to annoy and frighten her, but not enough that she or Hudson, even with his immense power, can do anything about her activities. Over all, Alayna handles this well. I did have a few moments where I wanted to shake some sense in her for her irrational obsessing over Hudson’s employee, Norma.

Again the sexual scenes threatened to set my Kindle and iPhone on fire. However, at times I did find myself skipping over them because they had become a bit repetitive. Don’t get me wrong, they are extremely erotic and very well-written, but I was anxious to find out how the story would play out.

Wow, this is one rollercoaster of a ride emotionally. Ms. Paige had me in tears several times, especially the scene when Alayna finally understands what Hudson’s secret is. This is a highly emotional scene to say the least. What I found truly amazing, even though this story is told only in Alayna’s point of view, I could still completely understand Hudson’s pain. That takes an amazing amount of skill to get that across, through body description and dialogue.

I loved, loved the epilogue! It is written in Hudson’s point of view, and it tied up this incredible series completely. I just discovered Ms. Paige has written a fourth book as companion to the Fixed Trilogy, giving Hudson’s perspective. I plan to read it, but I want to give some space between the series and that book.


While this series did not resonate with me to the same level that the Fifty Shades or Crossfire series, it came very close. If you enjoy a tale with complex characters and a great love story, then this is a series you do not want to miss. I will definitely be adding Ms. Paige to my favorite author list. Happy reading!  

No comments:

Post a Comment