Saturday, June 20, 2015

The Cowboy SEAL’s Triplets by Tina Leonard
(Bridesmaids Creek series)

Publisher & Release Date: Harlequin American Romance, July 1, 2015

Time and setting: Present Day, Bridesmaids Creek, Texas

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Length: 224 pages

Heat Level: 1 Sweet Heart

Rating: 3 Gold Crowns

HER HOMETOWN SEAL 
When Daisy Donovan roars into town on the back of John "Squint" Mathison's motorcycle, the people of Bridesmaids Creek start buzzing like bees in mating season! The former bad girl is finally home where she belongs, ready to win over her Texas town—and the hunky former SEAL who is the father of her soon-to-be baby boys. 
Although he just had the most passionate time of his life with the woman he adores, John's after a prize he thought couldn't be his. He never had a real home, growing up in a family who traveled from rodeo to rodeo. But now he's determined to show Daisy that he's ready to settle down and be the new favorite son of Bridesmaids Creek—by getting Daisy to the altar before their triplets are born!

Buy Link:

Add to Goodreads:

Vikki’s Musings

I accepted The Cowboy SEAL’s Triplets for an honest review, via Net-Galley. I love military romance, so when I read the book description, I was anxious to dive into this one. Not only does it have a SEAL in it, it has a cowboys and babies, love books with little ones in them. I thought this would be a match made in heaven for me.

Daisy Donovan is the town’s “Diva of Destruction.” Because Daisy feels like an outsider, she has promoted her bad girl image. She rides around on her motorcycle with her five member entourage following behind, wreaking havoc in the small town. She returns from Montana on the back of John Lopez “Squint” Mathison’s bike, an ex-Navy SEAL after an undisclosed period of time.

John and Daisy have known each other for several years, and he’s known from the beginning Daisy is the woman for him. This dilemma is convincing Daisy he’s the man for her. When Daisy discovers she’s pregnant, he is determined to get her to the altar before their birth. Will John win her over before the birth of his sons, or will the Bridesmaids magic keep them apart?  

I want to say up front, The Cowboy SEAL’s Triplets is an easy read and definitely had a lot of action, which kept the story moving along at a steady pace. I did enjoy Cosette Lafleur’s character a great deal, and I also liked Jane Chatham’s as well. This is a story with the town of Bridesmaids Creek at the center. The plot is driven by the town’s magic for matchmaking, not the characters.

Unfortunately, I had a difficult time with this book. I think that if I had read the other three in this series first, I might have enjoyed this one a bit more. There are some very humorous scenes that had me chuckling out loud, and I did like the hero and the heroine and enjoyed their romance. However, I would have liked to see more depth in their characters, and an easier to follow plot.

The story tends to jump from one scene to another without a strong transition, which I found quite distracting, pulling me out of the story. At times, I had to backtrack to figure out which characters were in the new scene.  

This is a book for anyone who enjoys a tale set in small town USA with plenty of humor sprinkled in with a sweet romance thrown into the mix. I do recommend reading the other books in this series first before you read The Cowboy SEAL’s Triplets. Happy reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment