Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Book & Audio Review: Needing Moore Series by Julie A. Richman

Good morning and thanks for stopping by today. I'm doing something a bit different with this post. I am featuring all three books in this incredible series. Happy reading!

Searching for Moore by Julie Richman
(Needing Moore Series Book1)


Publisher & Release Date: Self-published, January 4, 2014

Time and setting: Present Day, NYC & Hollywood

Genre: Contemporary Romance/Erotic

Length:  374 pages

Heat Level: 3 Flames

Book Description:

I lost the love of my life when she disappeared without even a goodbye.

It was the 80's - there was no internet, no Google, no cell phones.

If you wanted to disappear, you could.

And she did.

She crushed my soul.

A friend just told me he saw her on Facebook.

And now I'm a keystroke away from asking her the question that's haunted me for two decades.

"Why did you leave me?"
Two decades after she broke his heart, sexy entrepreneur Schooner Moore uncovers the truth and betrayal his life has been built on when he Facebook friend requests college love, Mia Silver. Determined to win Mia's love once again, Schooner embarks on a life-altering journey that could cost him everything.

Buy Links:



Add to Goodreads:


Vikki’s Musings

Wow, just wow. This is the first time I have read books by Julie A. Richman, but it will not be the last. Needing Moore is one of the most riveting series I have read this year. Schooner Moore and Mia Silver are complex characters, and so compelling. I am so glad I found these books.

This first book starts out with Schooner on his 43rd birthday. That took me aback because heroes are normally in their late twenties. The book quickly goes back to the 1980s when he is an eighteen-year-old starting his first year of college. He meets Mia and CJ at the freshmen orientation. CJ is the typical beauty queen he usually dates. Mia is the exact opposite.

Schooner soon finds himself in a relationship with CJ but is drawn to quirky Mia in a way that has never happened before. There is such a compelling pull between the two, and I found it so fascinating.

As the story progresses, I really wanted Schooner and Mia to end up together. This is not a light-hearted read. It is emotional and Schooner has plenty of flaws, but they are flaws that are real and fit an eighteen-year-old.

The story jumps to present day and picks up with Schooner married to CJ with two children when he finds Mia on Facebook. When he learns what CJ did that sent Mia running all those years before, he immediately contacts Mia. He leaves CJ and enters into a relationship with Mia.

Mia and Schooner’s passion is combustible just as it was when they were teenagers. Ms. Richman writes with deep emotion and kept me turning the pages as quickly as possible. Thank goodness, I knew upfront this is a trilogy and that the first book ends with a cliff-hanger. Be prepared.

5 Gold Crowns 

Moore to Lose by Julie A. Richman (Book 2)


Publisher & Release Date: Self-published, January 5, 2014


Time and setting: Present Day, NYC & Hollywood

Genre: Contemporary Romance/Erotic

Length:  328 pages

Heat Level: 3 Flames

Book Description:

Continuing the fight for their happily ever after that began in Searching for Moore, Schooner Moore and Mia Silver struggle to overcome the ghosts and baggage they accumulated during their time apart.

Exploring the missing 24 years when they were separated, Moore to Lose follows Mia's journey from heartbroken teen to kickass businesswoman to her emotional reunion with Schooner and the exploration of the love that was ripped from them.

But is their love really strong enough to overcome the damage of those missing 24 years or will they continue to be ripped apart by pasts that can't be changed?

Buy Links:



Add to Goodreads:


Moore to Lose is actually Mia’s story of the intervening years and what happened to her. When I read a few of the reviews, I almost skipped to the third book, but I am so glad I did not.
I found Mia’s character growth incredible. The pain she feels is raw and this one had me weeping several times and I do not mean just wiping a few tears away, no tears rolling down my face. I do not want to give anything away, but the part of the book that takes place on 9/11 so gut-wrenching, and would have totally missed out on it if I had listened to those reviewers.
I strongly recommend you do not listen to them, but continue on this amazing journey with Schooner and Mia.

5 Gold Crowns

Moore than Forever by Julie A. Richman (Book 3)


Publisher & Release Date: Self-published, January 5, 2014

Time and setting: Present Day, NYC & Hollywood

Genre: Contemporary Romance/Erotic

Length:  328 pages

Heat Level: 3 Flames

Book Description:

Is the love they always dreamed of enough?

Continuing the emotional journey of love and betrayal that began on a college campus in Searching for Moore and turned their worlds upside down in Moore to Lose, handsome, California entrepreneur Schooner Moore and sharp and sassy, New York advertising agency owner Mia Silver continue to be confronted with the harsh reality of the remnants from the lives they lived apart for 24 years.

Now, Schooner Moore and Mia Silver face the ultimate challenge - were they really meant to be together or will their pasts continue to tear them apart?
On the heels of the birth of their newborn son, Nathaniel, Schooner and Mia must decide if their love and loyalty to one another are strong enough to learn to grow together as a couple or if the life they always dreamed of sharing was better left as a teenage fantasy.

Buy Links:



Add to Goodreads:


What an outstanding finish to this fantastic series. As I stated, this is not a read for the faint-hearted. Moore than Forever is as heart-wrenching as the first two were, and kept me listening well into the night trying to finish this one.
Mia and Schooner are together and they are deeply in love, but Schooner’s son and soon-to-be ex-wife are doing whatever they can to rip them apart. Mia is having a hard time dealing with all this, and memories from her past haunt her, keeping her from truly committing to the relationship, but never fear, Mia and Schooner do have one of the best happily ever afters I have ever read. I highly recommend  this fabulous series. You will not be able to put it down, and you will sigh when it’s over because it will feel like you are losing two very beloved friends. 

5 Gold Crowns


No comments:

Post a Comment