Friday, January 1, 2016

Book & Audio Review: Kissing Under the Mistletoe by Bella Andre

Kissing Under the Mistletoe by Bella Andre



Publisher & Release Date: Oak Press LLC, September 24, 2013

Time and setting: Present Day, San Francisco

Genre: Contemporary Romance/Erotic

Length:  352 pages

Heat Level: 2 Flames

Rating: 5 Gold Crowns

Book Description:

For Mary Sullivan Christmas is, and always has been, about family. And this year is no different. As she awaits the arrival of her eight children and their partners at the cottage in Lake Tahoe, she hangs the ornaments that they made for her over the years. Each decoration brings with it a tide of memories, all of which she holds dear to her heart. But when she comes across the oldest ornament, the one her beloved husband, Jack, gave her on their very first Christmas together, Mary is immediately swept back to the first days of their whirlwind romance, to the love that would be the foundation on which they built the family she is so proud to call her own. Join the Sullivans this Christmas for a story that explores the wonder of the holidays, the meaning of family and a love that transcends time.

KISSING UNDER THE MISTLETOE is part of Bella Andre's New York Times and USA Today #1 bestselling Sullivan series. While it can easily be read as a stand-alone story, you'll likely enjoy reading the other Sullivan books, too.

Buy Links:


Add to Goodreads:


Vikki’s Musings

I just love Bella Andre’s writing style. When I found Kissing under the Mistletoe on sale and the offer of the audio version for $1.99, I immediately downloaded it. I normally like to read series in order, but that has not been the case with the Sullivan series. However, each book is written in such a way that they are easily stand alone. I LOVED this book!

Mary Sullivan is getting her Christmas tree ready for her family’s arrival. As she places each homemade ornament on the tree, her mind travels to where it all began. I am so pleased I had a chance to hear Jack and Mary’s incredible love story.

Jack and Mary are wonderful characters, and I fell in love with them from the first page. Their love story is definitely love at first sight, and even though they go from first meeting to marriage in a month, their love comes across so strong that I had no difficulty in believing in them.

One of the things I enjoy most about Ms. Andre’s books is that the hero and heroine are no at each other’s throats as is the case with so many books today. I think some writers confuse conflict with angst. Ms. Andre shows how an author can write a moving love story where the main characters like each other throughout the entire book.

I listened to the audio version by the fabulous Eva Kaminsky. Ms. Kaminsky’s performance is flawlessly perfect. She truly reads with a great deal of emotion without taking it too far. She gives each character their distinct voice. I always know I am in for a treat when I see Ms. Kaminsky is the narrator.


If you enjoy a wonderfully romantic hero and a gracious heroine with a great love story, then you will love Kissing under the Mistletoe as much as I did. I truly love this fantastic family. I highly recommend reading these great books and Kissing under the Mistletoe in particular. It’s my favorite so far. I can’t wait to read the other books in this amazing series. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment