Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Maid for Love by Marie Force
(The McCarthys of Gansett Island, Book 1)


Publisher & Release Date: HTJB, INC, April 28, 2011

Time and setting: Present Day, Rhode Island

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Length: 266 pages

Heat Level: 1 Scorching Hot Flame

Rating: 4.5 Gold Crowns

Book Description:

The McCarthys of Gansett Island: Book 1 

Maddie Chester is determined to leave her hometown of Gansett Island, a place that has brought her only bad memories and ugly rumors. Then she’s knocked off her bike on the way to her housekeeping job at McCarthy’s Resort Hotel by Gansett’s “favorite son,” Mac McCarthy. He’s back in town to help his father with preparations to sell the family resort and has no intention of staying long. When Mac accidentally sends Maddie flying over the handlebars, badly injuring her, he moves in to nurse her back to health and help care for her young son. He soon realizes his plans for a hit-and-run visit to the island are in serious jeopardy, and he just may be “maid” for love. 

Buy Links:



Add to Goodreads:


Vikki’s Musings

This is my first book I’ve read by Marie Force. I met Ms. Force at a conference where she was the keynote speaker and enjoyed her talk a great deal. She is a true success story. At the time, I got the impression that she wrote romantic suspense novels, which are not my first go-to read. After seeing her again at another conference, I decided I needed to read one of her books. Since I enjoy romances set in a small town involving family dynasties, I chose Maid for Love, the first book in her McCarthy’s of Gansett Island series. I’m so glad I found this book!

Maddie Chester is an unwed mother and has been looked down on by the citizens of the island since her high school days. Rumors abound concerning her supposed promiscuous ways. Maddie has no faith in men and her one foray into having a relationship leaves her pregnant and alone, further destroying her trust in the male species.

Mac McCarthy has returned home for a visit after being away for years and steps off a curb causing Maddie Chester to crash her bike and that moment changes his life and outlook forever. Feeling responsible for Maddie’s accident, he barges his way into her life determined to help her during her recovery. His father had told him that when he met the right woman he would know instantly, and Mac knows that Maddie is that woman.

Will Mac break through the barrier surrounding Maddie’s heart, or will his take charge attitude and determination to right the wrongs concerning her reputation send her away forever?

Maid for Love is a moving portrayal of a how a rumor can affect a person’s life, changing the course of one’s very existence. That is the case with Maddie. I found her story heart-breaking. I loved Mac’s dedication to right the wrong that happened years before, even if he goes about it in the wrong way.
Maddie is an endearing heroine. Her character is a waif with a touch of spunky kid rolled together. Even though she should resent her nine month old son, Thomas, for making her difficult life harder, her love for him is fierce and protective. I could feel her pain over what has shadowed her life since she was a teenager, but I admired her determination to rise above and carry on.

Mac is a hero that women love, and I’m one of them. He’s protective, caring and loves whole-heartedly. I fell in love with him right away. When his misguided attempt to restore Maddie’s standing in their small community backfires in his face, tears clouded my eyes. At first he is bewildered over Maddie’s reaction, but once he realizes his mistake, he fights to re-gain her trust.

I truly enjoyed Maid for Love, and I have already bought the next book in this great series. I look forward to reading Janey and Joe’s romance. If you haven’t read books by Marie Force and enjoy stories set in small towns, then Maid for Love is a great introduction to Ms. Force’s enchanting books. Happy reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment