Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Do you have a favorite type of hero? I want to know!

I’m going to do something a bit different today. I am going to talk about some of my heroes from my trilogy and my most recent release, To Live Again, written under the pen name, V.L. Edwards, published by Secret Cravings Publishing.

The Montgomery Family Saga is set in Regency England. All my male characters are figments of my imagination, and are the kind of man every woman wants to have in love with her.  I love strong alpha-males with a tender side. What woman doesn’t? I tend to write either a tortured soul or a chief, but I have also thrown a bit of a swashbuckler into the mix in my trilogy. Can you guess which story has the swashbuckling charmer? I would love to hear from you with your answer.

To Live Again is an erotic historical romance also set in Regency England, my favorite time period, whether reading or writing.

Here goes!

Lost Pleasures Found by Vikki Vaught

Henry Montgomery, the Duke of Sanderford, my first hero, is a chief, a leader of men. He is the man that others look to for answers. He is a man who seizes control whenever possible. He loves fiercely with intense passion and will protect his loved ones to the death. When he meets Melody Canterfield-Smyth, he falls hard and irrevocably in love from the first moment his gaze meets hers. He immediately sets out to win her heart and does. While he is a wonderful protector, he is also very possessive, which later in the story causes him a great deal of unnecessary pain. Thank goodness, he has the ability to love or all would have been lost and Henry and Melody might not have found their ‘Happily Ever After’.

Love Sneaked In by Vikki Vaught

Matthew Cunningham, the Earl of Collingswood, is a bit of a rake. His major downfall is that he loves women, whether they are short, tall, thin, or plump, if she is female he loves her. At a very young age, his father forces him into a marriage, hoping to tame him, but it has the opposite effect. When his father dies, he has a rude awakening. He must pick up the reins of his falling down estate and find a mother for his twin daughters. Matthew has always lived for the moment, seeking pleasure and good times, going through life with a ‘devil may care’ attitude. Now he has to accept responsibility. He meets Lady Helen and immediately knows she is the perfect solution for his dilemma. Fortunately, Lady Helen wants to be a mother beyond all things. Before either expects it, love sneaks in, catching them both by surprise!  
  

Turned Around by Love by Vikki Vaught

Jonathan St. John, the Marquess of Sutherland, is truly a tortured, lost soul. When he’s injured during the Battle of Waterloo, he’s left with a bad knee, his betrothed calls off the wedding, and he is tormented by horrendous nightmares. He is filled with angst and unbridled passion. He keeps himself apart from his loved ones and never forms any lasting relationships, vowing to remain a bachelor for the rest of his days. As he drifts from day to day, going from one mistress to another and carousing with his superficial friends, he lives a dissolute existence. On top of all this, his reliance on the bottle, to alleviate his pain, becomes a serious problem. Then he meets Lady Kathryn, the portraitist, and she turns his life upside down. Kathryn inspires him to want a better life, and even though, he knows he does not deserve her, he wants her.

To Live Again by V.L. Edwards

Warren De Winter, the Earl of Broadmoor, is another tortured, lost soul. I did mention I love that Archetype. When he loses his wife, he becomes a recluse, living only for his son. He has drawn away from all his friends and family and no longer attends the House of Lords. He has a dark secret. Warren now seeks his pleasures on the streets of London In the dark of night, looking for a whore to fulfill his deepest desires. On one of these monthly excursions, he meets Amelia Harrington, a young woman he believes is a whore. What he finds is an untried virgin and a gentlewoman at that. Compelled to marry her, he vows to keep the steel cage around his heart. What he did not reckon for is Amelia’s determination to teach him to live again.

Please visit my website to find out more about my all books at:


I am also on Facebook at:


And Twitter at:


I hope you have enjoyed hearing about my heroes. All my books can be found at all retailers, including Amazon, either in print or E-book. Happy reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment