Monday, September 14, 2020

Book Review with Featured Author: Pinnacle by Eliza Lloyd

Pinnacle by Eliza Lloyd Book 2 of The Charbonneau Twins



Publisher & Release: Self-published, September 15, 2020

Time and setting:  Present Day London

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Length: 230 Pages

Heat Level: 1 Flame

Rating: 4.5 Gold Crowns

Book Description: 

Meet the CHARBONNEAU TWINS! Pre-order now for the special discounted price of $.99 cents, until release day on September 15th.

Financier David Charbonneau is at the crossroads of life. His ex has just dropped off his twin daughters, he's just lost millions for his firm and has started a new job that has turned into an albatross. And worse, he's lost his closest friend, his administrative assistance and financial whiz who was more than just a Girl Friday. Too late, he realizes she was a complement to him, but Veronica has her own ambitions and it isn't to work forever in the staid world of finance.

Veronica has loved David for a very long time but with her own success in reach and at the cusp of realizing her dream, she must steel herself against David's charms pulling her back into his world.

He has come to the painful realization that Veronica has been more than a friend all along. But now, for the first time in his charmed life, he can't interfere. He can't tell her that he loves her for fear he'd be the person to get in her way. And he can never do that to Veronica, not when she's about to reach her pinnacle.

Buy Links:


Add to Goodreads & BookBub:


Vikki’s Musings

Thanks go to the author and Net-Galley for the complimentary copy of Pinnacle by Eliza Lloyd for the purpose of reading and reviewing. My opinions are my own, and no one has influenced them.

Pinnacle is a well-written contemporary romance novel with complex characters and a unique plot. The pacing pulled me in from the first page and kept in its thrall until the last. While I’ve read several of her historical romances, this is a contemporary novel, and Ms. Lloyd easily makes the transition from one sub-genre to the other.

Veronica’s character appealed to me in a big way. She’s a singer and determined to break into the industry. I identified with that desire because I too am a singer. She’s wicked smart as well and has a keen sense for attention to detail, which I also have. Her unrequited love for David (or so she believes) comes through strongly, and she’s willing to enter into a physical relationship with him.

David Charbonneau is a yummy hero with a soft side that comes out in his easy acceptance of his adorable twin daughters when they literally show up on his doorstep, and his selfless desire to not keep Veronica from reaching for her goals as a performer. He realizes early on in their relationship that what he feels goes far beyond the physical. 

The romance between Veronica and David is combustible and threatens to set the pages on fire. Ms. Lloyd’s love scenes are erotic and visceral, yet still have plenty of emotion, so I enjoyed them although they are a bit more graphic than what I normally like but were in no way offensive. I truly wanted both of them to achieve their heart’s desire.

If you enjoy contemporary romance with great sensuality and characters that will intrigue, along with an unusual plot, then you will love Pinnacle as much as I did. I’m so glad Ms. Lloyd reached out to me and asked me to read the first book, and this second one is just as enjoyable as Peak was. Happy reading!

Author Bio:

Getting stranded on a desert island with every historical romance novel ever written is my dream retirement. David Gandy and Henry Cavill can come along.

In the meantime, I'll happily write about the 19th century with novels featuring ridiculously handsome heroes. Oh, and there is always a heroine who is a little ahead of her time and not so sure she wants to put up with the antics of any man unless said man is madly in love with her.

The stories dancing around in my head aren't limited to the 19th Century. I also write romantic suspense espionage capers ala Robert Ludlum (except my Jason Bourne is having a whole lot of sex with the suspected bad girl,) and contemporary romance ala Susan Wiggs (with sex instead of recipes.)

Social Media:

1 comment:

  1. Your comments about Veronica's singing career and her sharpness of mind were very touching! I don't know if your full name is Victoria but doing edits, I found one time where I had actually typed her name as Victoria. 536 times Veronica; 1 time Victoria. LOL!

    ReplyDelete