Friday, June 28, 2019

Book Review: The Secret Baby by Leddy Harper

The Secret Baby by Leddy Harper



Publisher & Release: Montlake Romance, July 09, 2019

Time and setting:  Present Day, USA

Genre: Contemporary Romance, Romantic Comedy

Length: 283 Pages

Heat Level: 1 Flame

Rating: 4.5 Gold Crowns

Book Description: 

A one-night stand becomes much, much more in this sexy, lighthearted romance.
Maid of honor Kelsey Peterson is disappointed when the bride-to-be bails on her bachelorette party—especially since Kelsey’s already ordered the stripper. Desperate for a break from her romantic woes, Kelsey goes through with the party. After all, why let a good stripper go to waste?
Dr. Aaron Baucus is definitely not a stripper. He’s a legit doctor with a PhD in neuropsychology. But when his friend calls him over to a bar to meet a bunch of tipsy, flirtatious bridesmaids, they assume otherwise. After all, their stripper was supposed to be dressed like a doctor. Aaron isn’t much for pretending, but with Kelsey, he’s willing to be whatever she wants him to be. At least for one night.
But fate has a wicked sense of humor: Aaron and Kelsey are the maid of honor and best man at the same wedding. And after their one-night stand, Kelsey’s pregnant, but she doesn’t know how to tell him. Aaron wants to start a relationship, but he doesn’t think Kelsey wants something long term. Can their fragile romance survive all the half-truths and secrecy?

Buy Link:


Add to Goodreads:


Vikki’s Musings

This is the first book I’ve read by Leddy Harper, but it will not be the last! I’m so glad I accepted the chance to read and review The Secret Baby when I received an invitation from the publisher, via Net-Galley. My opinions are my own and are not influenced in any way.

The Secret Baby grabbed my attention right away. The characters pulled me in, and the plot kept me engaged until the end. I always love happy endings, and this book has a fantastic one. I enjoyed Leddy Harper’s writing style. Her dialogue flows easily and is very realistic. 

Kelsey Peterson’s character is funny with a delightfully quirky twist. Part of her is brazen, yet underneath, she has a vulnerable side. Her insecurities drew me in, and as the book progressed my admiration for her character grew.

Aaron Baucus is definitely a beta hero, and one that I enjoyed a great deal. Not every man can be an alpha. I loved his genuine, caring attitude, his child-like enthusiasm at the thought of being a parent. His easy acceptance of Kelsey, and his desire for her touched me. I felt his pain when he learns her secret.

The romance between Kelsey and Aaron is light-hearted and carefree. While the chemistry is undeniable, their bond as friends is as appealing. I truly wanted them to work through their issues and find their forever after.

If you enjoy romantic comedies with engaging characters, yet with real emotion under the laughter, then you will love The Secret Baby. I’ll admit, I laughed out loud on more than one occasion and shed a few tears during the emotionally-charged moments. I look forward to reading other books by the talented Ms. Harper. Happy reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment