Thursday, February 1, 2018

Book Review: Hidden Fate by Tara Thomas

Hidden Fate by Tara Thomas



Publisher & Release: St. Martin’s, February 13, 2018

Time and setting:  Present Day, Charleston

Genre: Contemporary Romance, Romantic Suspense

Book Length: 75 pages

Heat Level: 1.5 Flame

Rating: 4.25 Gold Crowns

Book Description: 

From romantic suspense author Tara Thomas comes the explosive next novella, Hidden Fate, in the brand-new romantic suspense Sons of Broad series.
Welcome to the sultry streets of Charleston, where simmering desire and dark danger rule…
He’ll stop at nothing to keep her safe…
Someone wants Janie dead.
Brent will do anything to protect her from a ruthless killer’s hunt.  
But an enemy this powerful won’t give up easily….
And danger and passion will explode as they fight for each other.

Buy Link:


Add to Goodreads:



Vikki’s Musings

This is the first book I have read by Tara Thomas, and I enjoyed Hidden Fate a great deal. I received a digital ARC from the publisher via Net Galley with the promise to read and review in advance of publication. My opinions are my own and are not influenced by that fact.

Hidden Fate is a fast-paced, exciting read. While it doesn’t meet the traditional criteria for a romance, it definitely does as a thriller. I totally enjoyed the plot and the building of tension. The story pulled me in from the start.

Janie’s character is engaging, and I liked her right away. She got a raw deal from her employer which helped me become invested in her character. Since this is a short novella, her character development is better than I normally see in this type of book.

Brent’s character also pulled me in. He is a stand-up kind of guy with no hidden agendas. I would have liked to know more about his inner thoughts and his background, but again, this is a very short novella designed to tease the reader and make them want to read more. It certainly did that for me.

Janie and Brent are already in a relationship so I didn’t get to experience them falling in love, but the attraction between them is strong, and I can easily see them as life-long lovers.

The focus of this book is plot-driven and it’s done very well. Ms. Thomas is clearly a master at suspense, and it comes through loud and clear in Hidden Fate. I’m glad I decided to read this book, and I can’t wait to read more in the next installment. I do want to mention this is a cliff hanger, so make sure you have Twisted End downloaded as the story continues in it. Happy reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment