Friday, November 13, 2015

Book & Audio Review: My Lady, My Lord by Katherine Ashe

My Lady, My Lord by Katherine Ashe


Publisher & Release Date: Billet-Doux Books, March 10, 2014

Time and setting: 1822, London

Genre: Historical Romance/Regency

Length:  347 pages

Heat Level: 1 Scorching Hot Flame

Rating: 5 Gold Crowns

Book Description:

Historical romance... with a twist.

The Bluestocking 
Lady Corinna Mowbray has three passions: excellent books, intelligent conversation, and disdaining the libertine Earl of Chance.

The Rake 
Lord Ian Chance has three pleasures: beautiful women, fast horses, and tormenting high-and-mighty Corinna Mowbray.

Neighbors for years, they've been at each other's throats since they can remember. But when a twist of fate forces them to trade lives, how long will it be before they discover they cannot live without each other?

Buy Link:


Add to Goodreads:


Vikki’s Musings

I did not know what to expect when I decided to download the audio version of My Lady, My Lord, but I was looking for a regency to listen to and found this book. I also purchased the Kindle edition as well for an excellent price. I am so glad I discovered this book.

Ian Chance, the Earl of Chance, and Lady Corinna Mowbrary have had an on-going feud since they were children. While arguing in front of the statue of Aphrodite, the goddess intervenes and each find themselves inhabiting each other’s bodies.

Will the pair learn to value each other and find a way to work to together so they can be reunited with their true form while finally giving into an attraction they feel for one another, or will they turn their backs on a love greater than either could ever imagine?

After I purchased this book, I read a few of the reviews and wondered if I had made a mistake. I definitely did not. I found this book enchanting. When Ian and Corinna end up switching bodies, I found myself laughing so hard it brought tears to my eyes. I did not expect the humor.

As the story unfolds, I felt as if I really got to know each character on an intimate level. I truly wanted them to find their happy ending. Even though, at times they fought like cats and dogs, the chemistry between them sizzled.

I listened to the audio version, and Velda Dehmlow did an outstanding job. She reads with a great deal of emotion, and she gives each character a distinctive voice, making it easy to know which one is speaking. This is the first book I've listened to with Ms. Dehmlow as the narrator, and I plan to look for other books performed by her.


If you are looking for a great regency with an unusual twist, then you will love My Lady, My Lord as much as I did. One of the things I love most about regency romance is the sexual tension and this book has it. I highly recommend this delightful book. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment