Sunday, October 19, 2014

Unraveled by the Rebel (A Secrets in Silk 

Novel) 

by Michelle Willingham



A spinster with a secret...
After being seduced and ruined by her worst enemy, Juliette Andrews has vowed to marry no man—especially not Dr. Paul Fraser, her childhood sweetheart. Content to bury herself in accounts and numbers, she refuses to let the devastatingly handsome Highlander back into her life.

A rebel with a cause...
Paul Fraser's heart burns with the need for vengeance against the earl who executed his father and drove the Scots from their homes. But when he learns that his enemy hurt the woman he loves, Paul has sworn to destroy him.

Can Juliette overcome the darkness of her past in the arms of the man she once loved? Or will her secrets tear them apart?

Publisher and Release Date: Montlake Publishing, September 3, 2013

Time & Setting: Regency, England

Heat Level: 1

Rating: 3.5 Gold Crowns

Review by Vikki

I found this book in the Kindle Unlimited program and decided to take a chance. I read Undone by the Duke and had enjoyed it immensely. This book has an interesting story line, and very likable characters. Unfortunately, it did not live up to my expectations.  It has the dreaded sagging middle, but once I moved past that, the pace picked up and the rest of the book finished well. Since the book blurb does an excellent job of giving the gist of the story, I will not add to it.

As the story unfolds, there is an abundance of sexual tension between Juliette and Paul, which builds throughout most of the book. I don’t want to give away anything, but when the couple finally consummates their love, it falls a bit flat. Then when what terrifies Juliette happens, I will not elaborate on this, she accepts it too easily, since most of the book has her determined to never allow it to happen.

The plot line regarding the villain does not ring quite true for me. Everything wraps up too easily and the scene is lacking in the high tension of what should have been intense. The villain of the piece was also in Undone by the Duke. He is a villain most readers love to hate, myself included.


I did enjoy finding out more about the characters from the first book in this series. I was pleased Juliette and Paul found their “Happily Ever After” as well. Even though the story has issues, I am glad I read it, and I will be reading Undressed by the Earl, because I want to find out Amelia’s story.   If you are looking for a book with plenty of sexual tension and satisfying HEA, this may be the story for you. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment