Monday, January 27, 2020

Book Review: Hannah's Courage by Molly Jebber

Hannah’s Courage by Molly Jebber





Publisher & Release: Zebra Books, January 28, 2020

Time and setting:  1912, Charm, Ohio

Genre: Amish Fiction

Length: 336 Pages

Heat Level: 1 Sweetheart

Rating: 4.25 Gold Crowns

Book Description: 

A loaf of fragrant cinnamon bread for breakfast . . . a sweet and creamy custard pie for dessert. In 1912 Ohio, the Amish Charm Bakery has something to delight locals and visiting Englischeralike. And within this warm, welcoming community, there’s always room for love to grow . . .
 
Hannah Lapp’s life, like a long-cherished recipe, is satisfying just the way it is. She enjoys whipping up desserts at the bakery, tutoring local children, and socializing with dear friends. One of those friends, Timothy Barkman, has made his interest in Hannah clear, but she’s been in no hurry to change her circumstances.
 
No sooner does she feel ready to grow closer to hard-working, handsome Timothy than Hannah finds she may have waited too long. Charlene Shetler intends to become Timothy’s fraa. It’s little wonder he’s attracted to such a pretty, forthright young woman, but is the newcomer all that she seems? Only when Hannah is willing to confront some difficult truths can she move bravely toward a life of abiding faith and love . . .

Buy Links:


Add to Goodreads:


Vikki’s Musings

Thanks go to the publisher and Net-Galley for the chance to read and review Hannah’s Courage by Molly Jebber in advance of publication. My opinions are my own and are not influenced in any way.

Hannah’s Courage is a lovely Amish fiction novel with a heart felt love story. I enjoyed Ms. Jebber’s writing style a great deal. The plot is somewhat of a love triangle, and while that isn’t my favorite troupe, this one is done extremely well. The pacing is steady and smooth, perfect for this Amish tale.

Hannah Lapp’s character is a delight. She has a carefree side and not quite ready to settle down to being a wife and mother yet. Even though she cares for Timothy and wants to be his frau eventually, just not yet. When that proves to be an error in her judgement, I could feel her confusion when her boyfriend seems to be turning to another. 

Timothy is a perfect Amish hero. He’s humble and modest, and unsure of what he should do when a new Amish young woman pursues him. Should he move forward and see if he can have a good marriage or cling to what seems hopeless in regard to Hannah? My heart hurt when he believes any chance of having a life with Hannah seems hopeless.

The romance between Hannah and Timothy appears in the beginning to be beyond their reach. I felt Hannah’s pain when she believes she’s lost her chance to become his fraa. I truly wanted them to find a way back to each other.

I always enjoy historical fiction, and Hannah’s Courage is set in 1912. Ms. Jebber easily paints the times and mannerisms of that time. While she describes the setting, she does it in a way that flows with the story.

If you enjoy historical fiction with a strong romantic element, then you will love Hannah’s Courage. In fact, I liked it so much I’ve downloaded the first two books in this series. Happy reading!

Author Bio:

I said to my loving husband, Ed, “I’ve always wanted to write a book. A story that readers would get lost in for a while.” He said, “Do it!” My daughter, Misty, brother, Mitch, and Mom, Sue said, “Take Ed’s advice, do it!” So I did. The road wasn’t easy, but the education, Amish research, and ride along the way to getting published taught me to take my favorite verse to heart.

“I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Philippians 4:13 KJV

Why Amish Inspirational Romance? 

I love their dedication to serve God. I visited Amish Country in Ohio many times. They work hard and have such a close knit friendship with each other. It’s heartwarming and uplifting. At the same time, they face hardships and difficult problems just like we do.
Thank you for your support and encouragement!

Social Media:

No comments:

Post a Comment