Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Book Review: My Forever Home by Debbie Burns

My Forever Home by Debbie Burns



Publisher & Release: Sourcebooks Casablanca, November 27, 2018

Time and setting:  Present Day, USA

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Book Length:   352 Pages

Heat Level: 1 Flame

Rating: 3.5 Gold Crowns

Book Description: 

Love comes to the rescue
Vet school drop-out Tess Grasso dreams of having her own pet therapy business, but she meets one disastrous obstacle after another. There's no denying she has a way with animals, so in the meantime she puts her skills to use at a local no-kill shelter. Between helping her furry companions and a budding relationship with fellow dog lover Mason Redding, Tess begins to find fresh confidence...
What Tess doesn't know is that Mason is recovering from an accident, hoping to get back to his pro-baseball career. He's afraid the truth will ruin everything-and he's right. But in the midst of hurt and betrayal, a free-spirited stray Husky enters their lives, and teaches them a few things about faith, love and forgiveness.
Buy Link:


Add to Goodreads:


Vikki’s Musings

My Forever Home is definitely for the animal lover! Thanks go to the publisher, via Net-Galley, for a chance to read and review an advance reader copy of this book. My opinions are my own and are not influenced in any way.

This is an interesting read. I believe it is the first book I’ve ever read where one of the main characters is an animal, including his POV. The writing is smooth and has some engaging moments that had me chuckling.

Tess’s character is an interesting one with many facets to her character. I did like her, but I would have enjoyed her more if there had been a bit substance. I never became fully engaged with Tess.

Mason is a great male leading man. He is genuine, and I really liked him a lot. I did become investing in his character. He is such an honorable man with many redeeming characteristics. His determination to save the dog was excellent. I was so glad he was able to gain the dog’s trust.

The romance between Tess and Mason is fairly minimal. The story is much more focused on the animals Tess cares for and of course Mason’s dog. While it was interesting, sometimes it was a little over the top.

My Forever Home is a great read for an animal lover. Much of the book is about Tess’s desire to save them. While this story was not quite my cup of tea, I did enjoy it. I have no doubt the author truly loves animals. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment