Saturday, February 14, 2015



Happy Valentine Day! Hope you have a romantic day planned. I would love to have you share your favorite Valentine Day with us.

When my husband and I first got together, we celebrated the day with friends and then that evening, I dressed up in a black corset, hose, all the works for a romantic interlude. It's one of my fondest memories.

After 23 Valentine days, now we give each other a small box of chocolates and a humorous card. Then if I'm not working, we go to dinner. That may sound dull, but after all this time we love each other more each year. We've settled into not only romantic love, but a much deeper connection that continues to grow.

Let's face it, romance is wonderful, but a strong marriage must be based on mutual caring and affection, a deep understanding of each other that moves beyond romantic love.

As much as I am a romantic at heart, I love our deeper connection more each day and plan on spending a lot more Valentine days with the man who stole my heart in an instant on March 24, 1992 and has kept it in his keeping ever since.

Do you believe in love at first sight? I certainly do! Have a wonderful romantic day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment