Monday, January 26, 2015

The Trouble with Scots Body of Knowledge Book 3
By Eliza Lloyd




Eadan MacMurough can see the future—the one where he is alone and the one where he finally meets the woman who will be his wife. It has been a long ten years waiting and wondering why he has yet to meet her. On the carriage ride home from the meeting of The Society for the Advancement of Science, Eadan is plagued by the beginnings of a crippling vision. 

Finally his dream meets his reality. 

She is a laughing beauty with auburn hair. Gelasia Cabot is the woman of his visions, only she is traveling with her fiance. What is a harmless kidnapping when one is assured the woman is the love of his life? Has he taken the first step to a lifetime of happiness? Or has he altered the course of his future? 


Published & Release Date: EMRA Publishing, January 20, 2015

Time and setting: Scotland  

Genre: Historical Romance/Paranormal

Heat Level: 1

Rating: 4 Gold Crowns

Vikki’s Musings

I stumbled across Eliza Lloyd’s engaging books a couple of years ago, and I have enjoyed five novels of hers. I watch for her books because they are always well-written and extremely erotic with an emotionally charged romantic story. The Trouble with Scots is all those things, except it ended very abruptly with so much unresolved. In fact, I am not sure what to think of it. I pray she plans to continue Eadan and Gellie’s story.

Thirty-Three year old Eadan MacMurrough, the Earl of Dunbar, has had visions of his future wife for ten years. These images cause him intense headaches. After suffering one of these, he stops at an inn on the outskirts of Newcastle upon Tyne.

When he enters, he asks if anyone has seen an auburn-haired woman. No one has, and he is yet again disappointed. Then another party of travels enters, and he nearly stops breathing. It is the woman from his visions, the woman destined to be his wife. There is one problem though, she is engaged to another. Eadan refuses to concern himself over that small detail and later that night while all are sleeping, he steals into her room and kidnaps her.  

Gelasia Cabot is outraged when he bundles her into his carriage and drives off, leaving her intended behind. When he removes her gag, she demands to know why he had abducted her. If it is money he wants, then he needs to turn around and take her back to her betrothed for he would reward him handsomely.

Eadan tells her he cannot return her since their future happiness is at stake. As soon as they pass over the Scottish line, he takes her to the blacksmith priest. The blacksmith refuses to listen to Gellie’s protests and soon, she finds herself married to this delusional Scotsman. He entices her with his horses and promises of passion-filled nights and before she has time to consider, she signs the registry.

Can Eadan woo her in the two weeks he promises to give her before they consummate the marriage, or will he have to release her and learn to live without this enchanting woman who has held his heart in her hands without knowing it for ten years?

I found both the hero and heroine wonderful characters and was soon rooting for them to find their ‘Happily Ever After’. Eadan’s efforts to get Gellie to fall in love with him are tender and romantic.  When they at last come together, the passion is enough to set my Kindle on fire. For a short novella, the characters are surprisingly well-developed and up to the ending, the story drew me in and kept me captivated.

Now I will not explain the ending because I do not want to ruin this story for you, but let me say that I was extremely disappointed in the last part of this book. I am never fond of tales that leave unanswered questions, which this one does in a big way. After becoming so invested in Eadan and Gellie’s romance, I wanted and needed a satisfying ending. However, this book ended so abruptly, I kept thinking that I could not have read THE END!

Nonetheless, I still enjoyed The Trouble with Scots and do not regret reading it. In fact I have already downloaded the first two books in this series as soon as I finished this one. I am hoping I will get a better understanding of this one by reading those stories. Even if I do not, I feel confident I will love them because I adore Ms. Lloyd’s writing style. Happy reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment