Thursday, June 28, 2018

Book Review: Broken Promise by Tara Thomas

Broken Promise by Tara Thomas



Publisher & Release: St. Martin’s, June 26, 2018

Time and setting:  Present Day, Charleston

Genre: Contemporary Romance, Romantic Thriller

Book Length:  304 pages

Heat Level: 1 Flame

Rating: 5 Gold Crowns

Book Description: 

SHE SWORE TO KEEP HER PROMISES. 

BUT CAN SHE KEEP THEM SAFE…AND PROTECT HER HEART?

Charleston Police Officer Alyssa Adams made a promise years ago to protect innocent women from harm. Now, she won’t rest until she can reunite every lost daughter with her family. Bring closure to every grieving husband. And, most of all, find out what happened the night her own sister disappeared, more than ten years ago…
As the eldest of the Benedict brothers, Kipling will stop at nothing to protect his family from a threat that aims to destroy them once and for all. But when a long-lost sibling is kidnapped by a powerful adversary, Alyssa is the only one he can turn to to get her back.
As Alyssa and Kipling band together to find their lost siblings, a powerful attraction builds between them that they can’t ignore. As the truth comes to light, will one broken promise tear them apart?
Buy Link:


Add to Goodreads:


Vikki’s Musings

This is the third book in the Sons of Broadseries, and I enjoyed Broken Promisea great deal. I had eagerly waited for this conclusion of this series. I received a digital ARC from the publisher, via Net Galley, with the promise to read and review in advance of publication. My opinions are my own and are not influenced by that fact.

 Broken Promiseis a fast-paced, exciting read. While it doesn’t meet the traditional criteria for a romance, it definitely does as a thriller. I totally enjoyed the plot and the building of tension. The story pulled me in from the start.

I met Alyssa if the previous books and enjoyed her character quite a lot. In this book, her character becomes fully developed, and I fell in love with her. She is so dedicated to finding “The Gentleman” to the extent she puts her life in jeopardy in a big way.

I also met Kipling in the other books in this series. I really loved his character. He is willing to do whatever it takes to save his half-sister, especially after his actions in the previous book. I could really feel is anguish over his actions and his desire to right his wrongs. Ms. Thomas does a great job of redeeming his character and giving me the reasons behind his previous decisions.

The romance between Alyssa and Kipling is blazing hot and I could really see why they are attracted to each other. The emotions are strong and when they come together it’s amazing. I truly wanted them to find their well-deserved happy ending.

If you enjoy a book with plenty of action and suspense that will keep you on the edge of your seat, then you will love Broken Promise as much as I did. You will want to read the other books in this series first to really appreciate the diabolical, evil villain! But never fear, they will definitely be worth your time. The first two books are awesome as well. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment