Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Book Review: An Affair with a Spare by Shan Galen

An Affair with a Spare by Shana Galen


Publisher & Release: Sourcebooks Casablanca, July 3, 2018

Time and setting:  Regency, England

Genre: Historical Romance

Book Length:  416 pages

Heat Level: 1 Flame

Rating: 4 Gold Crowns

Book Description: 

He's turned seduction into an art form...
Rafe Beaumont, fifth son of an earl, uses his irresistible charm with the ladies to glean dangerous war secrets. Now he's putting those skills to the ultimate test: capturing an elusive assassin by seducing his daughter. The problem? She's entirely immune to Rafe's flattery. 
Never before has Collette Fortier met a man as attractive as Rafe. But her father's life is at stake, and succumbing to Rafe would be disastrous. But when Rafe turns the tables on her, offering support and friendship instead of a fleeting affair, Collette finds herself tempted in ways she never could have imagined... 
Buy Link:


Add to Goodreads:


As with all of Shana Galen’s historical romances, she has again delivered a tale with sparkling dialogue and an adventure-packed plot. I’m so glad I accepted an invitation from the publisher, via Net-Galley, to read and review An Affair with a Spare, the third book in her Survivors series. My opinions are my own and are not influence in any way.

An Affair with a Spare moves a little slow in the beginning, but as a devoted reader of Ms. Galen’s, I persevered, and I’m so glad I did. The book truly took off at the halfway point. From that point on, I could not read fast enough, and it had the ingredients that I love in Ms. Galen’s writing style.

Collette’s character is vulnerable but determined. While it took some time to become vested in her, by the middle of the book, I fully wanted her to find her happy ending, and with Rafe. She has many of the characteristics that I enjoy in a heroine.

Rafe makes a drool-worthy hero. I enjoyed his character quite a lot. I found it interesting when he does not pursue an amorous attachment to Collette and keeps his manner to her friendly and helpful for a good bit of the book.

There is plenty of sexual tension between Collette and Rafe once they both recognize their feelings for each other. By the end of the book, I was thrilled when they found their happily ever after.

If you are a fan of Regency romances with plenty of action and heart-warming characters, then you will love No Earls Allowed as much as I did. I highly recommend this book and this very talented author. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment