Thursday, December 17, 2015

Guest post: Capturing the last Welsh Witch by J.M. Davies

Let's welcome Jennifer Davies to my blog today. Thanks for stopping by! She has a great new paranormal romance.

Hello everyone, I would like to start by giving a big shout-out to Vikki for letting me host this week’s addition on her blog. I am Jennifer Davies. I'm originally from Wales but I’m now settled on the East Coast in New England. I have been married for nineteen years to my husband Paul, who is my best friend, and I’m a mother to four boys who make me laugh and cry.  
I have been writing full-time for the past six years. I completed my first YA romantic fantasy Children of Annwn: The Promise in 2013 and began seeking publication shortly after. In 2014, I  signed with Secret Craving Publishers to complete the trilogy (Children of Annwn: The Battle & Power of the Gilgamesh) which I finished in September 2015 under the name Jennifer Owen Davies. Unfortunately, my publisher declared bankruptcy, and as I had been toying with the idea of self-publishing and jumped onto that boat as soon as I was able.
The last several years have been amazing and even in difficult times; my love of writing has endured and kept me going. When I knew the YA series was ending, I wanted desperately to explore my desire to write an adult romance, and I knew I wanted to attempt to write a paranormal story as I love to read them. Capturing the Last Welsh Witch is published under my pen name J.M.Davies, and I was inspired to write Ella’s story based on the real-life story of the first Welsh witch to be hung in Wales and the rest came from reading, research, and my imagination. I’m toying with the idea of writing a sequel, and it will be Marcus’s story…
   A couple of quick facts about me, I was a nurse/midwife for seventeen years. I love anything coated in chocolate. I love talking about my journey in writing, and I believe hard work is the answer to achieving your goals. 

CAPTURING THE LAST WELSH WITCH:  I loved writing this book and developing the characters Ella Masters and Marcus Drayton, both strong but damaged characters because of their past. To celebrate my release, I’m giving away a FREE ARC copy to one lucky reader if you click on my author FB page and like it, leave a comment, so I know who you are and a winner will be chosen at random.

                             
                                    Blurb for Capturing the Last Welsh Witch


Ella Masters’s soul is five hundred years old and in each life, she has been fatally betrayed by men. This is her fifth and final life, and legend says she must meet her true love or this time death is eternal. Wanted for the murder of her latest boyfriend and on the run from the FBI, as well as the ruthless group the Elusti, it doesn’t bode well for any would-be suitors. 


Marcus Drayton has a sixth sense when it comes to knowing people, which has helped in his career as a special agent for the FBI, as well as his previous stint as a Navy SEAL. His latest assignment is to deliver Ella Masters, the Witch, which will give him the prized promotion in New York. After he meets the mysterious Ella, and realizes the Elusti are involved, the ghosts of his past force him to seek the truth, making everyone he loves a target. 

As she runs for her life and freedom, Ella needs to discover whether Marcus is the warrior she needs. And can she trust him with her heart and soul before it’s too late?
 
                                       

                          Snippet from Capturing the Last Welsh Witch

Her fingers touched the torn edges of the material and she stared into the distance, blinking as an old memory shook her.
“Come here, before I come and get you.” Aidan’s voice was deep and hoarse. His piercing eyes glared into hers, and she looked back as she contemplated her options. She glanced toward the door; if she moved, he would grab her. She could try to seduce him. However, that would be hopeless with Aidan. No, the only way was to trick him.
Aidan inched closer. So close, she could smell his musky aftershave. Ella let him get closer still. Let him think he had won. Her heart pounded violently against her ribs, but still she waited, barely breathing. Aidan inched closer, his eyes never leaving her face.
“Are you ready to admit defeat?” He raised one eyebrow, and his mouth spread into a lazy smile.
“Never, Professor.” She flicked her leg outward and kicked as hard as possible, just like he had taught her.
“What the…” He fell to the ground, doubled over and clutched his stomach.
Sucking on her lower lip, she hesitated before she turned away. That split second of doubt was her undoing. Arms came from nowhere and grabbed her legs. Whoosh. The view of the room shifted, and the floor went from under her feet. She ended up flat on her back, with Aidan’s body impaling her to the floor.
“Never trust the enemy,” he said.
She spluttered and coughed as the memory swirled away. Professor Aidan O’Connor was an enigma: a historian, friend, pretend-lover, and expert at martial arts. He’d taught her how to use her body as a weapon.
“But last night wasn’t practice, was it? Aidan, what have you done?”


BOOK TRAILER FOR CAPTURING THE LAST WELSH WITCH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y6xuhiZEsk&feature=share

Web-site            http://www.jenniferowendavies.com/
Email                 Jendaviesuk@gmail.com
Twitter              
https://twitter.com/jendaviesuk



No comments:

Post a Comment