Friday, December 18, 2015

Come Home for Christmas by Susanne Matthews



Publisher & Release Date: MHSLM Publishing, December 9, 2015

Time and setting: Present Day, Appleton, Canada

Genre: Contemporary Romance/Holiday

Length:  70 pages

Heat Level: 1 Sweet Heart

Buy Link:
                       

Ever since I discovered Susanne Matthews I have been hooked. She is such a versatile author. Everything from romantic suspense to inspirational, to now a Christmas tale. I know when I open one of her books. I will not want to put it down until I have finished it.

Krista is coming home for the first time in ten years. Her uncle kicked her out once she finished school, but now for some reason, he has left her a share in the family farm as long as she spends Christmas there.

When Ethan finds out his father double-crossed step-cousin, Krista, he sets out to right this terrible injustice. Once Krista finds out about her uncle’s deceit, will she want to accept Ethan back into her life, or has his father destroyed their chance at happiness.

I fell in love with Krista Jacobs character from the start. She had a very raw deal from her NHL ex-husband, but she does not let it turn her bitter. The way she accepted Ethan’s adopted daughter melted my heart.

Ethan Terrance is everything I love about a hero. His determination to right his father’s wrong showed what an honorable man he is. On top of that, his willingness to accept responsibility for his god-daughter when her parents were killed touched my heart.

Come Home for Christmas is a heart-warming and sweet story, perfect for this time of year. If you enjoy clean, holiday tales, then you will love this book. Happy reading!

4 Gold Crowns

A Baby for Christmas Dilys J. Carnie


Publisher & Release Date: Self-published, October 7, 2014

Time and setting: Present Day, Snowdonia Mountains, Wales

Genre: Contemporary Romance/Holiday

Length:  85 pages

Heat Level: 1 Flame

Buy Link:


This is not the first book I have read by Dilys Carnie, so when I stumbled across this Christmas story, I immediately downloaded it. I always enjoy books with babies, so I looked forward to reading A Baby for Christmas with great anticipation.

After a brief encounter at her friend’s house in the states, Belle discovers she is going to have a baby. Determined to manage on her own, the last thing she wants is the father of her baby showing up on her doorstep.

Ethan has never been able to forget Belle, especially when he knows he irresponsible he had been six months ago. He has to make sure there were no consequences from his out of control behavior.

When Ethan learns Belle is expecting, he has his work cut out. How does he convince her he would want her even if there was not a baby on the way?

A Baby for Christmas is an enjoyable read that is perfect for a lazy afternoon. The characters are both likable and the story is touching. I truly loved Ethan’s character a great deal. His determination to win Belle over is touching. I recommend you give this book to anyone who enjoys second chance love stories. Happy reading!

4 Gold Crowns

A Christmas Spark by Ciara Knight


Publisher & Release Date: Defy the Dark Publishing, November 5, 2015

Time and setting: Present Day,  

Genre: Contemporary Romance/Holiday

Length:  106 pages

Heat Level: 1 Sweet Heart

Buy Link:


I discovered Ciara Knight’s Sweetwater County series and fell in love. When I saw this was available on Facebook, I immediately downloaded it. As always, A Christmas Spark is another sweet and heart-warming story, perfect for the holidays.

Sara Foster has been plagued by terrible memories since she was five years old when an accident took her father’s life. Believing he had left her and her baby sister on Christmas Eve, it has made her wary of men, giving her abandonment issues. After going through a bad marriage, she is definitely not looking for another man.

When her sister sets her up on a blind date, she runs to the cabin from her childhood only to discover the blind date wanted to avoid her as much as she wanted to avoid him. He has also come to the cabin to do work for her brother-in-law.

Is it possible for Sara to discover the truth of what happened on that fateful Christmas, allowing her to open her heart to Dalton and find a true and abiding love?

I thoroughly enjoyed this emotionally-charged story of finding love after unbearable heartache for both the hero and heroine. Normally, I am skeptical of short stories where instant love happens, but this one is so well written, I found it believable. Ms. Knight ties A Christmas Spark up with a lovely bow in the epilogue. I highly recommend this wonderful book. Happy reading!


4.5 Gold Crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment