Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Captivated by You by Sylvia Day
(Crossfire Series, Book 4)

Publisher & Release Date: Berkley, November 18, 2014

Time and setting: Present Day, New York City  

Genre: Contemporary Erotic Romance

Length: 368 pages

Heat Level: 3 Scorching Hot Flames

Rating: 5 Gold Crowns

The #1 New York Times and #1 USA Today bestseller.

Gideon calls me his angel, but he's the miracle in my life. My gorgeous, wounded warrior, so determined to slay my demons while refusing to face his own.

The vows we'd exchanged should have bound us tighter than blood and flesh. Instead they opened old wounds, exposed pain and insecurities, and lured bitter enemies out of the shadows. I felt him slipping from my grasp, my greatest fears becoming my reality, my love tested in ways I wasn't sure I was strong enough to bear.

At the brightest time in our lives, the darkness of his past encroached and threatened everything we'd worked so hard for. We faced a terrible choice: the familiar safety of the lives we'd had before each other or the fight for a future that suddenly seemed an impossible and hopeless dream...

Buy Links:


Add to Goodreads:


Vikki’s Musings

I recently saw that Captivated by You was available on Audible. Since I had just received my credits for the month, I decided to download it. I had loved the first three books in the Crossfire series and had forgotten to watch for this book’s release and missed it. I’m so glad I found it. This is a fabulous addition to this compelling series.

The darkness of Gideon’s past threatens to tear them apart. His need for control may well be more than Eva can live with. Eva has her own demons to fight as well. Enemies from their past could destroy their fragile connection, if they let them.

Will Eva and Gideon continue to fight for their love, against insurmountable odds, or will they allow their tortured pasts pull them apart forever?

Gideon and Eva married in the last book, and Captivated by You picks up where Entwined with You ended. The transition is smooth and I soon became as involved in their complex relationship as I was in the three previous books. I do not normally like stories that are a continuing romance spanning multiple books, but the Crossfire series is an exception. I find Eva and Gideon’s relationship addicting and can’t get enough. Darn, now I’ll have to wait a year to find out how their story will end. That’s okay; it will be worth it!

I want to discuss the narration of Captivated by You. There are two narrators, Jill Redfield and Jeremy York. When the point of view is in Eva’s perspective, then Jill is the reader, and when it is Gideon’s POV, Jeremy reads. Personally, I found it a bit distracting when the voice changed from one to the other, although it did make it immediately obvious when the POV changed. While Jill Redfield did a credible job with the male and female voices, giving each character their unique voice, I did prefer Jeremy York’s reading style. He seemed to read with more emotion. Of course that could be because Gideon’s character has so much baggage. Nonetheless, I enjoyed the narrative and look forward to listening to both narrators again.


If you have not read the Crossfire series, I highly recommend it, each tale is expertly written with extraordinarily complex characters, and each book has an intriguing plot as well. Caution: These books are extremely erotic and contain a lot of explicit sexual scenes that could offend some readers. They are not for the faint of heart. If you enjoy this type of read, you will find these books riveting and extremely hard to step away from as you’re reading, so plan to read them when you have a good stretch of time to devote to them. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment