Monday, January 4, 2016

Book & Audio Review: Reckless by Skye Jordan

Reckless by Skye Jordan


Publisher & Release Date: Cygnet Books, January 17, 2014

Time and setting: Present Day, NYC & Hollywood

Genre: Contemporary Romance/Erotic

Length:  305 pages

Heat Level: 2 Flames

Rating: 5 Gold Crowns

Book Description:

A couture wedding dress designer to the rich and famous, Lexi LaCroix’s image means everything. Raised on the wrong side of the tracks, her years of polish and hard work are finally about to pay off. But crossing paths with a sexier-than-sin, bad-boy biker who makes her realize how much living she’s sacrificed for her success, one touch is all it takes to threaten her carefully choreographed life.

Jax Chamberlin has been screwed over by gorgeous gold-diggers one too many times. Though he runs his own stunt company, all of America knows his Hollywood face even years after he’s given up acting. Finding a woman who doesn’t plan to use him as a stepping stone to success is virtually impossible, so when the charming and mysterious Lexi offers him a chance at a totally anonymous hook-up during an out of town trip, Jax accepts. Only Lexi is more sextacular than charming, and Jax wants more. Lots more.
But Lexi’s got a major hang-up over his renegade lifestyle. And if she finds out his connections could catapult her to the top of her career, he’s afraid the fantasy woman he’s falling for might just end up like all the rest.

Buy Links:

Add to Goodreads:

Vikki’s Musings

This is the first book I have read by Skye Jordan, but it will not be the last. Reckless is a shining example of an erotic contemporary romance. The story grabbed me from the first page and kept me enthralled until the end. I am not normally drawn to romances with movie star leads, but Jax is hot, hot, hot! Since the book description is a great synopsis, I will not add to it.

I absolutely loved the sexting in the airport, and when they hook up in the hotel and Lexi insists on darkness was a big turn on. That set the pace for the entire book for me. While I do not know anything about stuntmen or dress designing, I found that part of the storyline very intriguing and believable. Loved the finale of this book!

Lexi’s character touched my heart. The girl from the wrong side of the tracks, determined to make it big in Hollywood is very careful in her relationships, especially after a bad one leaves her in a difficult situation. I loved her grit and her loyalty to her friends. When she, at last, opens herself up to Jax––allowing him into her protected heart––it brought tears to my eyes.

Jax is everything I love in a hero. A bit of the bad boy biker dude, yet with a sensitive side. He has patience galore with Lexi and will not give up until he wins her heart, no matter what the cost. When he is willing to put Lexi’s needs above his own desires my heart melted in a puddle.

I listened to the audio version performed by Piper Goodeve. I enjoyed her narrative a great deal. While she did not give Jax a strong masculine voice––most female readers don’t––she did read with a lot of emotion, and soon I forgot all about that. I found her performance compelling and would listen to other books performed by her.

While there is no denying the sexual scenes are steamy and very erotic, the underlying feelings each of the characters experienced made this a much more intense read. If you enjoy a story with plenty of emotion that will pull your heart strings and have you wiping away tears, then you will love Reckless as much as I did. I can’t wait to read the second book in this series. Happy reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment