Monday, February 10, 2020

Book Review: Braking Hard by Gloria Joynt-Lang

Braking Hard by Gloria Joynt-Lang



Publisher & Release: The Wild Rose Press, February 12, 2020

Time and setting:  Present Day, Oregon

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Length: 282 Pages

Heat Level: Mild

Rating:  5 Gold Crowns

Book Description: 

Gage O'Neill is an all-around nice guy and an Adonis in coveralls. With a thriving automotive business, a gorgeous girlfriend, and his ADHD under control, life is pretty incredible. But when he loses a loved one, Gage's perfect world unravels. Prone to bad choices, he's desperate to quell his rash behavior. Thankfully, hiring a curvy mechanic is the one impulsive decision he's gotten right.

Eden Sampario is destitute as a result of a confrontation turned violent with her former employer. When Gage mistakenly offers her a job, she readily accepts. But soon she wonders if she made the right decision. Resisting her sexy boss proves more challenging than an engine rebuild. Her only other option? Give in to temptation and risk not only her career but also her heart.

Welcome to Big C's automotive shop, a place where more than cars overheat. 

Buy Links:


Add to Goodreads:


Vikki’s Musings

Thanks go to the publisher and Net-Galley for the chance to read and review Breaking Hard by Gloria Joynt-Lang prior to publication. A fascinating glimpse at a young man living with severe ADHD. My opinions are my own and are not influenced by receiving a complimentary e-copy.

Breaking Hard caught my attention from the first page and kept me enmeshed until the end. The pacing is fast when the story calls for it and slower at other times, making this book an entertaining reading experience. Her characters are well-developed, and the author made them so appealing, I easily fell in love with them. I only found one other book by Ms. Joynt-Lang, which is only available in print, or I would be downloading it!

Eden Sampario’s character has plenty of guts. Her occupation is not typical for a woman, but Eden is determined to prove she’s an expert mechanic in a male-dominated career. While I’m not normally enthused by a heroine with an occupation like hers, Ms. Joynt-Lang had me liking her from the start and made her career choice perfect for her. It was easy for me to become vested in her character.

Gage O’Neill is one of the most unique heroes I’ve stumbled across in a romance novel. He is engaging in a quirky way. Not only is he attractive, he’s a truly nice guy who understands his limitations due to his challenges. He suffers from ADHD. Ms. Joynt-Lang either did a ton of research or knows someone who suffers from this affliction. She paints an accurate picture of the disorder. I loved this aspect of the story because it made me fall in love with Gage immediately.

I too have individuals in my life who suffer from ADHD. When she describes Gage’s issue with tactile sensory overload, I identified right away. Sensory Integration is a very real issue for individuals with ADHD. I have two grandchildren with this disorder, each on a different end of the spectrum.

The romance between Eden and Gage is lovely, and I truly wanted them to find their happy ending. While there is a strong physical attraction between the couple, their emotional connection is what I enjoyed the most. I loved Eden’s easy acceptance and willingness to understand Gage. I also loved Gage’s acceptance of Eden into male-controlled environment. They are perfect for each other!

If you are looking for an engaging romance between unique characters that will tug at your heart from the start, and one with more substance than is normally found in contemporary romance, then you will love Breaking Hard as much as I did. I strongly urge you to read this amazing novel. Happy reading!

Author Bio:


Gloria Joynt-Lang was born in France and raised in various locales throughout Canada. Before she started writing contemporary romance, she worked in the criminal justice system--technically spending time behind bars. 

As a Canadian, she's fanatic about hockey, poutine, and apologizing.

She currently resides in rural Alberta with her husband and their two dogs.






Social Media:


No comments:

Post a Comment