Thursday, October 17, 2019

Book Review Bachelors of Bond Street by Janna MacGregor, Shana Galen and Minerva spencer

Bachelors of Bond Street by Janna MacGregor, Shana Galen, Minerva Spencer



Publisher & Release: Kydala Publishing, October 11, 2019

Time and setting:  Regency, London

Genre: Historical Romance

Length: 287 Pages

Heat Level: 1 Flame

Rating:  4.5 Gold Crowns

Book Description: 

An all-new anthology featuring novellas from acclaimed Regency historical authors Janna MacGregor, Shana Galen, and Minerva Spencer. Bond Street is famous for its elite clubs, fashionable shops and successful businesses. Now meet the bachelors who've made Bond Street their domain. Are these gentlemen as lucky in love as they are in business?

Buy Links:


Add to Goodreads:


Vikki’s Musings

Three romances by three talented authors. All the tales are set on the same street. Each story intertwines in a delightful way, bringing laughter, a few sniffles and even more sighs. This is a unique Regency anthology, since none of the heroes are nobility and neither are the heroines. I thoroughly enjoyed each story. My thoughts on each book are included in my review. I voluntarily agreed to read and review Bachelors of Bond Street. My opinions are my own and are not influenced in any way.

Love by the Letters
By Janna MacGregor
4 Gold Crowns

Portia Bellingham has given up on a match after three lackluster seasons. She turns her sights on her eighteen-year-old sister’s chance for love and agrees to slip a love letter into Mr. Hugh Merritt’s pocket. Only things don’t go as planned. Instead, she slips the letter into Gabriel St. Aulyn’s coat. Now she has to retrieve it. This set off an intriguing chain of events. Can it lead to love between two book worms?

I enjoyed the characters and loved the scene where Portia returns to the shop. The banter between her a Gabriel is enchanting. I loved it when Gabriel calls Portia on her brazen behavior after she tried to retrieve the letter! That certainly had me in stitches. That is only the first of several enchanting scenes. I became vested in their romance and wanted them to find their happy ending. 

Overall, this is a charming romance, but the romance does become physical incredibly fast. There wasn’t a chance for the sexual tension to build because their love develops so quickly. I did miss that a bit. Afterall, that’s one of the things I love most in historical romance. However, this is a short story, so I didn’t let that keep me from liking this story. 

How to Brew a Perfect Kiss
By Shana Galen
5 Gold Crowns

Thomas Gaines is a self-made man. He escaped slavery in Virginia and now owns several thriving businesses. When he literally runs into his newest employee in the Coffee Shop. His newest worker was the enchantress he’d seen earlier. Unwilling to allow her to leave, he quickly finds something else for her to do. Could it be? Had he found the woman of his dreams?

I thoroughly enjoyed How to Brew a Perfect Kiss from the first page to the last. As with all Ms. Galen’s romances, her characters are daring and lively. The banter is sparkling, and the suspense is thrilling. 

It’s rare to find a romance between two persons of color in a Regency, and that adds greatly to this charming tale. Raeni is an amazing character. Although she has very little, she offers a sliver of bread to her friend’s hungry child. When the church she and her friend have been sleeping in closes its door, she immediately offers her meager earnings to find the three of them a place to stay. I loved her caring ways.  

Of course, Thomas steps in and offers his home to them, which melted my heart. There are many tender moments in this wonderful story. This one had me sighing many times before the end of this remarkable romance. For such a short book, the character development is excellent, and the writing pulled at my heart strings.

The romance between Thomas and Raeni is sweet. I loved them as individual characters and even more as a couple. Thomas is a fantastic hero with all the characteristics I love. He’s a man of integrity and fierce against the men who are after Raeni, yet gentle and loving toward her. This is a splendid romance that touched my soul and my favorite of the three.

A Second Chance for Love
By Minerva Spencer
4.5 Gold Crowns

I do love a good second chance romance, but enemy to friends not as much, but fortunately, Ms. Spencer is excellent at keeping me entertained with brilliant dialogue and enthralling character building.

I enjoyed this tale of woe from the beginning to the end. The characters are easy to love, and the plot is emotionally-charged. I could understand the hero’s feelings of betrayal and his need for revenge. While he starts out with a great deal of angst in his heart, he realizes what he feels for Oona is so much more important.

Oona is protective of her secrets, but her attraction to Justin is as strong now as it was ten years before. When she agrees to his plan to take her to a house party as his mistress, she knows she must be strong and not give into the overwhelming desire she feels for Justin. I could understand why she agreed. The money he offers would keep her and her daughter, Katie for a long time. Seven hundred pounds was a fortune during the Regency. Oona and Katie could be together and never have to live separate again. I loved her fierce determination and her desire to provide for her daughter.

The sexual tension between Oona and Justin is amazing. Even though they had so much to work out, I truly wanted them to find a way past the hurt. Both their backstories were heartbreaking to say the least. This couple deserved to find love again. 

If you enjoy stories with engaging characters and unique plots, then you will love Bachelors of Bond Street as much as I did. I look for forward to reading other romances from these fantastic authors. Happy reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment