Saturday, September 2, 2017

A Convenient Bride for the Soldier by Christine Merrill


Publisher & Release: Harlequin Historical, September 1, 2017

Time and setting: Regency period, London

Genre: Historical Romance/Regency

Book Length:  288 pages

Heat Level: 1 Flame

Rating: 3.75 Gold Crowns

Book Description: 

Ex-soldier Frederick Challenger may own a share of London's most secret gentlemen's club, but he has long since stopped sampling its delights…until a beautiful woman auctions her innocence. 

Georgiana Knight's plan had been to lure in a villain, but instead, she's trapped the devil himself. And now, to protect her reputation, she must marry him! But if Frederick has hopes of taming this temptress, he'll have to think again… 

The Society of Wicked Gentlemen The hour is late and the stakes are high

Buy Link:


Add to Goodreads:


Vikki’s Musings

Thanks go to the publisher and Net-Galley for the opportunity to read A Convenient Bride for the Soldier. This is the first book I have read by Ms. Merrill, and I enjoyed the story. It did take me time to warm up to the characters, but the plot kept me engaged until I grew to like them. I was very glad they found their happy ending.


The pacing is nice and steady, and I enjoyed the secondary characters a great deal. I will definitely look for other books in the series. The romance between Georgianna and Frederick was very satisfying. If you enjoy a story with an intriguing plot and engaging characters, then you will enjoy A Convenient Bride for the Soldier. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment