Friday, January 20, 2017

For You by S.E. Brown



Publisher & Release: Self-published, September 17, 2016

Time and setting: Present Day, North Carolina

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Length:  285 Pages

Heat Level: 2 Flames

Rating: 3.75 Gold Crowns

Book Description: 

If you send something away, are you ever supposed to get it back? 

Madison is her own woman. She’s feisty, has one hell of a pottymouth and lives life on her terms, #thankyouverymuch. She doesn't let anyone or anything get in her way, that is, until a decision from her past and an unexpected connection take her carefree life in a different direction. Madison has to decide between the life she knows and a new journey full of promise and hope, and possible heartbreak. 

As Madison ventures into uncharted territory, will she face her fear or turn and run?

Buy Link:


Add to Goodreads:


Vikki’s Musings

This is the first book I have read by Ms. Brown. She sent me a request and an ARC asking me to read it and let her know what I think. I can see real talent in Ms. Brown’s writing. Her writing is emotional, her heroine is snarky, spunky and determined to cover her fear and pain.

Madison lives her life on the edge. At fifteen, she finds out she is pregnant and within a matter of weeks, her boyfriend dies of an overdose. When her parents find out about her pregnancy, they kick her out. That’s when she meets Ellie, the kind and loving woman who takes her in and helps her deal with what life has thrown at her.

As an adult, she is determined to protect herself. Can she move beyond her fear and let this incredible man see the real Madison, or will she draw away and continue living her life on her terms?

I really liked Declan’s character. He’s a stand-up kind of guy. He’s a successful business man and loves his family. And will wonders never cease, he is NOT a womanizer. When he meets Madison, he is blown away by her out-going personality. She is his opposite, so this is the story of attraction between two people worlds apart.

Now, Madison is a different kind of heroine, she would be the rake. She, at times, makes really bad decisions which made it difficult for me to like her. Her one night stand with Jaxon was a real turn off for me, and I did not see how it fit into the story. I will say Ms. Brown did redeem her character in the end.

I like stories to progress in a logical procession. Ms. Brown skips around quite a bit. She tells the back stories via flashbacks, not my favorite way to tell pertinent information. I also did not see the necessity for the entire Jaxon story line. It only showed Madison in a bad light.


Nonetheless, I did enjoy For You, mainly because I loved the friendships and especially Declan. I may decide to read the first book in the story. Perhaps it will explain why Madison makes some of her decisions. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment