Sunday, October 19, 2014

Slow Hand by Victoria Vane




In rural Montana...
Wade Knowlton is a hardworking lawyer who's torn between his small-town Montana law practice and a struggling family ranch. He's on the brink of exhaustion from trying to save everybody and everything, when gorgeous Nicole Powell walks into his office. She's a damsel in distress and the breath of fresh air he needs.
Even the lawyers wear boots...
Nicole Powell is a sassy Southern girl who has officially sworn off cowboys after a spate of bad seeds-until her father's death sends her to Montana and into the arms of a man who seems too good to be true. Her instincts tell her to high tail it out of Montana, but she can't resist a cowboy with a slow hand...

Publisher and Release Date: Source Books Casablanca, November 4, 2014

Time & Setting: Contemporary, Montana

Heat Level: 2

Rating: 5 Gold Crowns

Review by Vikki

I’m so pleased I had the chance to read an advance reader copy of this excellent book. I thoroughly enjoyed this great story. Contemporary romance is not my first choice for reading pleasure, but I've enjoyed all of Victoria Vane's books, especially her DeVere series, so I thought I would take advantage of the offer to read it in advance of publication. I was not disappointed.

Wow! I fell in love with Wade from the first page when he gives up his seat on the plane to Nikki, a woman he doesn't even know. What a gentleman! You have to love a man like that, and a cowboy as well! 

Nikki is a cautious young woman and has no intention of having a long term relationship with any man, and certainly not a cowboy. I loved the chemistry between Wade and Nikki. The pages practically sizzle whenever they are together.

Victoria has a smooth and flowing writing style that keeps her pacing fast, yet not so fast that I did not have a chance to savor the story. I love how she puts me in the moment giving me the sense that I'm part of the scene. Her vivid description of the scenery and landscape makes it easy to imagine what it looks like in Montana. I’m sure Ms. Vane did her research well.

I've personally never spent much time around horses, but it is evident Ms. Vane has. I feel like I know more about the fascinating animals after having read this book. It makes me want to go to a dude ranch out west, so I can experience the feel of a horse under me, riding across the terrain.


This story is steamy hot with well-drawn out sexual scenes that allows the reader to use their imagination, yet they give enough detail to satisfy. If you're looking for a beautiful love story with unforgettable characters, then this is the book for you. Happy reading!  

No comments:

Post a Comment